Re: [agile-usability] Re: Does your Scrum team pass the Scrum test used at Nokia? Try it.

  • Robin Dymond
    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 6, 2009
      Yes this survey/test is far from perfect. However it is also a pretty
      low bar that covers the basics. The survey is not intended to be
      perfect or complete, but a first wide ranging probe into how the
      community is doing at achieving some of the basic principles of Scrum
      and Agile.

      cheers,
      Robin.

      --
      Robin Dymond, CST
      Managing Partner, Innovel, LLC.
      www.innovel.net
      www.scrumtraining.com
      (804) 239-4329
    • Mike Dwyer
      Message 2 of 10 , Jan 7, 2009

        “correct” Scrum.  Hmm.

        I have been implement Scrum and Agile for over 10 years in multiple environments.  The notion of correctness, IMPO, wraps the Nokia checklist in a simpler and more pervasive measure.  Can you show sustainable, measurable improvement in the following three areas.  Customer loyalty, a reduction in bugs, and a iterative improvement in the capability of the team (not just each individual getting better!).

        Customer loyalty can be measured – along with a reduction in bugs by tracking the issues that come from the customer.  When the ratio of bugs to enhancement requests is greater than even you are, IMPO, gaining customer loyalty because they are taking the time to tell you how to make them better.  So listen.  When you reach a point where they ask you to slow down delivery because they cannot absorb all the new great stuff, you know that they are really using your stuff.  This last item also tells you that the team’s capability has improved to the point they are meeting customer capacity for change.

        Now the real question is can a team do this? It depends on who self identifies with the team and what the team has as its goals and backlog.

        Admittedly my focus has shifted from what 5 – 7 people do and has grown to what 5 – 7 teams can do over the life of a product.  But that is what Scrum really is – a way of doing business.  And thus correct scrum is a business way of life.

        Mike Dwyer
        Principal, Agile Coach

        BigVisible Solutions
        url:    http://www.bigvisible.com

        cell:   (978) 376-4422

        email: mdwyer@...

        --- In agile-usability@yahoogroups.com, "Robin Dymond"

        href="http://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?key=p_DGqV8jkE4Wmpir24Xt8Zg">http://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?key=p_DGqV8jkE4Wmpir24Xt8Zg

        > cheers,
        > Robin Dymond.
        > --
        > Robin Dymond, CST
        > Managing Partner, Innovel, LLC.
        > www.innovel.net
        > www.scrumtraining.com
        > (804) 239-4329

      • Robin Dymond

            Message 5 of 10 , Jan 22, 2009
              Hi All,

              We need your help! We are up to 160 responses in this survey. Please
              add your team and pass it on to colleagues, companies and any teams
              you know. The goal is to get 1000 responses, and then publish the
              aggregated results. I think we can get 1000 responses given the growth

              Message 6 of 10 , Feb 14, 2009
                Hi Everyone,

                We still need your help, please pass this survey on to teams and others you know using Scrum. We have around 250 responses so far, and so we are 1/4 they way to reaching the goal of 1000 responses to the test used at Nokia.

                The test:
                http://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?key=p_DGqV8jkE4Wmpir24Xt8Zg

                Thanks,
                Robin Dymond.

                On Thu, Jan 22, 2009 at 7:14 PM, Robin Dymond <rdymond@...> wrote:
                Hi All,

                We need your help! We are up to 160 responses in this survey. Please add your team and pass it on to colleagues, companies and any teams you know. The goal is to get 1000 responses, and then publish the aggravated results. I think we can get 1000 responses given the growth in Scrum in the last few years.Thanks!