Re: [agile-usability] Re: Nielsen's article on UseIt.com

  • Ron Jeffries
    Message 1 of 76 , Nov 19, 2008
      Hello, aacockburn. On Wednesday, November 19, 2008, at 1:18:57 PM,
      you wrote:

      > argh - I confess I get really upset when people post responses
      > without paying attention to the words they're responding to.

      How do you know what people are paying attention to when they are so
      far away?

      Ron Jeffries
      www.XProgramming.com
      www.xprogramming.com/blog
      The truth ain't like puppies, a bunch of 'em runnin' around
      and you pick your favorite. --Emerson Codd
      Message 76 of 76 , Jan 9, 2009
        > > There are other studies (I don't have the exact quote) that show
        that
        > > the difference between a top-notch developer and a run-of-the-mill
        one
        > > is a factor of 10 or so.
        >
        > The back up for that is here :-

        http://forums.construx.com/blogs/stevemcc/archive/2008/03/27/productivit
        y-

        variations-among-software-developers-and-teams-the-origin-of-quot-10x-qu
        ot.aspx

        Thx James. I always assumed that this was indeed supported by actual
        studies, but still had a small nagging doubt that it might be one of
        those urban legends that start with "studies show that ...." ;-). This
        is a good reference which eliminates that doubt.

        Alain