Re: [agile-usability] Re: Nielsen's article on UseIt.com

  • James Page
    Message 1 of 76 , Nov 18, 2008

      It is kind of true if there where no programmers there would be no software, and therefore no software usability problems.

      James

      On Tue, Nov 18, 2008 at 4:22 PM, Alexander Johannesen <alexander.johannesen@...> wrote:

      On Tue, Nov 18, 2008 at 17:12, Jared Spool <jspool@...> wrote:
      > Not all of us think that way, just because Jakob writes that way.

      What, did I miss the memo!?

      Alex
      Project Wrangler, SOA, Information Alchemist, UX, RESTafarian, Topic Maps
      ------------------------------------------ http://shelter.nu/blog/ --------

      Message 76 of 76 , Jan 9, 2009
        > > There are other studies (I don't have the exact quote) that show
        that
        > > the difference between a top-notch developer and a run-of-the-mill
        one
        > > is a factor of 10 or so.
        >
        > The back up for that is here :-

        http://forums.construx.com/blogs/stevemcc/archive/2008/03/27/productivit
        y-

        variations-among-software-developers-and-teams-the-origin-of-quot-10x-qu
        ot.aspx

        Thx James. I always assumed that this was indeed supported by actual
        studies, but still had a small nagging doubt that it might be one of
        those urban legends that start with "studies show that ...." ;-). This
        is a good reference which eliminates that doubt.

        Alain