Re: Today's article on UseIt.com

  • Namgyal Damdul
    Message 1 of 76 , Nov 18, 2008
      Hi,

      I am not experienced in either agile or Interaction Design. In this
      article Neilsen has pointed out that Agile software development in
      small increments could risk the overall user experience.

      A similar statement has been made by Larry Constantine in his report
      "The Usability Challenge" published recently in which he said "the
      absence of any comprehensive overview of the entire architecture" is a
      shortcoming of nearly all techniques that are based on iterative
      expansion and refinement in small increments.

      Is this a pattern emerging?

      Namgyal.

      --- In agile-usability@yahoogroups.com, William Pietri <william@...>

      Message 76 of 76 , Jan 9, 2009
        > > There are other studies (I don't have the exact quote) that show
        that
        > > the difference between a top-notch developer and a run-of-the-mill
        one
        > > is a factor of 10 or so.
        >
        > The back up for that is here :-

        http://forums.construx.com/blogs/stevemcc/archive/2008/03/27/productivit
        y-

        variations-among-software-developers-and-teams-the-origin-of-quot-10x-qu
        ot.aspx

        Thx James. I always assumed that this was indeed supported by actual
        studies, but still had a small nagging doubt that it might be one of
        those urban legends that start with "studies show that ...." ;-). This
        is a good reference which eliminates that doubt.

        Alain