Re: [agile-usability] Shaded User Input Fields - Their Significance?

    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 2, 2008
      Are you talking about yellow shading like this?

      http://ddhr.org/img/autofill.png

      If so, that's the Google Toolbar AutoFill visual hint:

      http://toolbar.google.com/autofill_help.html

      William

      Leina wrote:
      > Hello All
      >
      > I've noticed that when I enter my details onto a form some fields are
      > shaded (e.g. yellow) whilst others are not. Those shaded fields are not
      > necessarily mandatory required fields so I'm not sure why shading has
      > been applied?
      >
      > An example of this is on Amazon. If you sign in by entering your email
      > address that field is shaded yellow, however the password field is not
      > shaded at all.
      >
      > Does anyone know why this is done?
      >
      > Regards
      > Lee

    • Sailesh
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 2, 2008
        The yellow fields are shown if you have google toolbar installed with
        the autofilled turned on. These fields are the ones' which google has
        stored and can autofill for you.

        Disable the autofill in the toolbar and it will remove all the yellow
        shaded fields.

        Cheers
        Sailesh

        --- In agile-usability@yahoogroups.com, "Leina" <leina_elgohari@...>