Re: [agile-usability] Re: One Of My Biggest Agile Problem.

  • Jonathan House
    Message 1 of 46 , Sep 6, 2008
      If it's any consolation, Alistair has already chastised me about my choice of language. I doubt I'll change my ways, but at least I feel bad about not feeling bad...

      Cheers,

      Jonathan House
      Voodoo Usability Shaman, Agile Sadist

      Ron Jeffries wrote:
      Hello, dgery2000.  On Saturday, September 6, 2008, at 10:14:15 AM,
      you wrote:

      I think the first conflicting building block revolves around the
      definition of reward and punishment. Jonathan's view, as far I
      understand, is too broad for me : I was considering reward/punishment
      as "I have the power to make your life better (reward) or worse
      (punishment) because I can give more or less of what I think you want,
      and I'll use that power to get you do what I want you to do."

      Yes, that was what I heard as well.

      Ron Jeffries
      www.XProgramming.com
      A long range weather forecast should be obtained before leaving,
      as weather conditions are extremely unpredictable. --Natal Daily News

      Message 46 of 46 , Sep 6, 2008
        aacockburn wrote:
        > I also have enjoyed this rampaging discussion immensely, even if
        > it has precious little to do with agile-usability. It has opened
        > some interesting doors for long-term inquiry in my mind. (Thanks
        > Jonathan for that).
        >
        > Maybe now we can let this group get on with its regularly scheduled
        > program :)

        That's a good point. The biggest complaint I hear about this list is
        that the volume makes it too hard to keep up. Might I suggest that any
        future discussion on this topic go to a more appropriate list? E.g.,
        this one: