Re: [agile-usability] Re: One Of My Biggest Agile Problem.

  • Jonathan House
    Message 1 of 46 , Sep 5, 2008
      William Pietri wrote:
      > That's not to say that I think punishment and reward are useless. That's
      > exactly how I train dogs. But when I look at the most creative, most
      > effective people I've worked with, they're not running from rolled-up
      > newspapers or running toward treats.

      I think that this makes my point about a lack of understanding of the
      breadth of rewards and punishments rather well. Thanks!

      Cheers,

      Jonathan House
      Agile Sadist, bla, bla, bla
      Message 46 of 46 , Sep 6, 2008
        aacockburn wrote:
        > I also have enjoyed this rampaging discussion immensely, even if
        > it has precious little to do with agile-usability. It has opened
        > some interesting doors for long-term inquiry in my mind. (Thanks
        > Jonathan for that).
        >
        > Maybe now we can let this group get on with its regularly scheduled
        > program :)

        That's a good point. The biggest complaint I hear about this list is
        that the volume makes it too hard to keep up. Might I suggest that any
        future discussion on this topic go to a more appropriate list? E.g.,
        this one: