Re: [agile-usability] Re: One Of My Biggest Agile Problem.

  • Ron Jeffries
    Message 1 of 46 , Sep 5, 2008
      Hello, Jonathan. On Friday, September 5, 2008, at 4:36:54 PM, you
      wrote:

      > As an aside to all of this, we continued the rewards / punishments
      > conversation into the Agile Roundtable discussion group here in Salt
      > Lake City on Thursday and had some fascinating discussions. There were
      > others here who were present, so I'll let them share their thoughts. My
      > takeaway was that there was no convincing arguments that dispelled the
      > reward / punishment mechanisms as a means of successfully altering behavior.

      Oh, yes, it is well-established. Punishment will alter behavior --
      while the punisher is looking.

      Haven't you ever had a cat?

      Ron Jeffries
      www.XProgramming.com
      Example isn't another way to teach, it is the only way to teach.
      --Albert Einstein
      Message 46 of 46 , Sep 6, 2008
        aacockburn wrote:
        > I also have enjoyed this rampaging discussion immensely, even if
        > it has precious little to do with agile-usability. It has opened
        > some interesting doors for long-term inquiry in my mind. (Thanks
        > Jonathan for that).
        >
        > Maybe now we can let this group get on with its regularly scheduled
        > program :)

        That's a good point. The biggest complaint I hear about this list is
        that the volume makes it too hard to keep up. Might I suggest that any
        future discussion on this topic go to a more appropriate list? E.g.,
        this one: