Re: [agile-usability] Re: One Of My Biggest Agile Problem.

  • Jonathan House
    Message 1 of 46 , Sep 5, 2008
      Excellent! Now I know my target market :-)

      As an aside to all of this, we continued the rewards / punishments conversation into the Agile Roundtable discussion group here in Salt Lake City on Thursday and had some fascinating discussions. There were others here who were present, so I'll let them share their thoughts. My takeaway was that there was no convincing arguments that dispelled the reward / punishment mechanisms as a means of successfully altering behavior.

      Cheers,

      Jonathan House
      Technology Operations Director, Amirsys Inc.
      Voodoo Usability Shaman, Agile Sadist

      Jon Kern wrote:
      Agile Masochist: someone who conducts hourly scrums with themselves

      jon

      blog: TechnicalDebt.com <http://technicaldebt.com>
           View Jon Kern's profile <http://www.linkedin.com/in/jonkern>

      Jonathan House said the following on 8/30/08 10:01 PM:

      *sigh*

      So much for avoiding the "Agile Sadist" moniker. I wonder how I can
      parley this into a book deal...

      Message 46 of 46 , Sep 6, 2008
        aacockburn wrote:
        > I also have enjoyed this rampaging discussion immensely, even if
        > it has precious little to do with agile-usability. It has opened
        > some interesting doors for long-term inquiry in my mind. (Thanks
        > Jonathan for that).
        >
        > Maybe now we can let this group get on with its regularly scheduled
        > program :)

        That's a good point. The biggest complaint I hear about this list is
        that the volume makes it too hard to keep up. Might I suggest that any
        future discussion on this topic go to a more appropriate list? E.g.,
        this one: