One Of My Biggest Agile Problem.

  • imaginethepoet
    Message 1 of 46 , Aug 28, 2008
      So recently we switched to a new methodolgy for doing agile. I won't go
      much into this now but maybe later as I see if it works for my UI needs.

      The biggest problem I think we are facing and I want some feedback from
      others is this. People just look at the story and do just that. It's
      like everyone has become a robot. There is no more common sense. I know
      some of our development team used to have common sense. They are all
      excellent developers and smart people. And now it's getting less and
      less as we go year after year story by story.

      This is terrible for usability.

      Do any other UI people have this problem? I can spell everything out
      but sometimes talking and interaction just aren't enough.

      Extremely Frustrated.
      Message 46 of 46 , Sep 6, 2008
        aacockburn wrote:
        > I also have enjoyed this rampaging discussion immensely, even if
        > it has precious little to do with agile-usability. It has opened
        > some interesting doors for long-term inquiry in my mind. (Thanks
        > Jonathan for that).
        >
        > Maybe now we can let this group get on with its regularly scheduled
        > program :)

        That's a good point. The biggest complaint I hear about this list is
        that the volume makes it too hard to keep up. Might I suggest that any
        future discussion on this topic go to a more appropriate list? E.g.,
        this one: