We're Hiring- Sr. Usability Engineer

  • Goli Jendreski
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 12, 2008

      Insight Research

      San Jose , CA

      Sr. Usability Engineer

      JOB DESCRIPTION:

      Do you want to help companies make their technology user friendly?  Do you like seeing the results of your hard work make a difference and still have work-life balance?  Then Insight Research is the place for you! See why people from leading companies are joining our team.

      We are a fast growing consulting firm focused on user research and product strategy.  Because we are expanding, you'll be able to make significant contributions to our success and direction. We are looking for people who can grow with us and take on new challenges as opportunities emerge.

      You will help Fortune 500 clients create next generation products that make peoples lives easier and meet their full market potential. You will drive research efforts and collaborate with Design, Product Management, and Engineering teams. Your research will be vital to defining the next-generation strategy, improving designs, and developing the most usable products.

      Why Insight Research?

      ·         Great work environment - as a smaller company we work closely as a team. We are big on ideation, not politics.

      ·         Flexible Schedule – you don’t need to be at the office every day to get the job done.

      ·         Ability to Focus - we allow you to focus on what you love doing.  You will have the opportunity to work closely with a key client, build your domain knowledge, and see the results of your work.

      ·         Quality – we are obsessed with maximizing our client’s revenue.  The latest and most effective research techniques are applied to our projects.  Our strategic recommendations enable valuable and usable products.

      ·         Strong Impact – we have experienced strong growth through referrals and repeat business.  Your opinion counts and you will have the opportunity to contribute to our success

      JOB FUNCTION:

      • Primary role is usability consulting for a Fortune 1000 client in the following areas: enterprise software, networking, online meetings, web, video, and consumer products
      • Plan, design, and conduct customer research throughout the product lifecycle
      • You can expect to work on multiple projects at a time, lasting ~4-8 weeks each
      • Work with cross functional teams, such as engineering and product management, to understand business needs and plan appropriate research studies
      • Advocate for the end customer by influencing decisions in ways that ensure business objectives and decisions are aligned with customer needs
      • Manage and plan projects
      • Prepare and present customer presentations
      • Provide product improvement recommendations

      JOB QUALIFICATIONS:

      • Must like technology and be capable of creative problem solving
      • Experience in usability, ethnography, user research professional/ corporate work
      • A college degree.  Degree in Computer science, Usability Engineering, Human Factors or a related technical field
      • Ideal candidate has knowledge of enterprise software- networking or technical background a plus
      • Must be a self starter, organized, and have the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously in a dynamic environment
      • Must be proficient in creating results reports
      • Strong analytical and research skills
      • You must work well in teams and have good interpersonal skills
      • Excellent communications skills, analytical, written and oral, technical and business skills, and a customer orientation are vital to your success in this role

      CONTACT INFORMATION:

      goli@...

      This is a full time position but we’d like to hear from you if you are interested in part time opportunities.