invitation to check out beta.gatesfoundation.org

  • Susan Campbell
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 8, 2008
      Hello,

      I've posted in the past asking questions and sharing a bit about how we've blended Agile & UCD exercises to shape the redesign of the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation web site.   Over the last several months, more than 4,000 of our users representing grantees, partners, an the interested public have participated in user studies or surveys. Their input has helped to shape our work thus far.

      We invite you to visit beta.gatesfoundation.org, a sneak preview of parts of the foundation's new web site.  Our beta web site includes early versions of the features and functionality that we're preparing for our final launch, including:

      • An interactive map that displays where our grantees are working around the world.
      • The ability to browse by topic.
      • A new way to search our database of past grants.

      We'd love to hear what you think - all feedback is welcome. Please take our survey available on the site (or email me directly), and share your opinions on what's working well and where we can improve: We'll use your feedback to fine-tune the site for our upcoming launch and to inform our planning for future releases.

      Thanks for your time,
      Susan Campbell