Re: [agile-usability] Re: Other terms for User-stories (in French) (Was: Larry Constantine's video)

  • JC Grosjean
    Message 1 of 26 , Jul 23, 2008
      Hello,

      I tend to use the english term "user story": it's efficient and well understanding by the teams, and prefer to keep the term "scenario" for two other contexts :
      • Use case context ("cas d'utilisation"): sometimes I have to use them, and I have a part called "main scenario" (scenario principal)
      • Persona ("persona")context : I sometimes use the term "scanario" for the story telling part related to my persona
      Damn, I also use the  term "Persona" (...without problem) !

      Jean Claude

      2008/7/23 Desilets, Alain <alain.desilets@...>:

      Thx. It's still not that common. Googling for:

        "scenarios utilisateur" agile

      in French pages only yields 62 hits. If I remove the term agile, then it goes up to 376.

      I'm not too crazy about it, because like has been pointed out, a scenario is usually a grand affair, compared to a User Story. Hence my preference for something like "exemple d'utilisation". But it probably won't stick, cause it's not close enough to the original.

      Alain