2008 Gordon Pask Award for contributions to Agile practice

  • Brian Marick
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 23, 2008
      We are soliciting nominations for the 2008 Gordon Pask Award for
      Contributions to Agile Practice.
      <http://www.agilealliance.com/show/1656>

      Each year, the Agile Alliance awards the Gordon Pask Award on the last
      day of the Agile 200X conference. It recognizes two people whose
      recent contributions to Agile Practice make them, in the opinion of
      the Award Committee, people others in the field should emulate. In
      order to grow the next generation of Agile thought leaders, the award
      is given to people whose reputation is not yet widespread.

      Each year, we fiddle with the award. This year's fiddling is with the
      nomination process. It will be roughly modeled after the collaboration
      or trust model of some forms of microcredit. (See <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grameen_Bank
      >.) We solicit ***group*** nominations made by collections of at
      least five individuals who have personal experience with the nominee.

      The nominations should describe that experience and cover such topics
      as:
      * what ideas the nominee has championed, and what the effect has been.
      * which people the nominee has helped improve the practice of their
      craft, and how.
      * the ways in which the nominee has fostered community (such as in
      user groups,
      conferences, and the like).

      The group may be people who work with the nominee, but a successful
      nominee would have had an effect beyond a single company. You'll
      forgive the nominating committee if they're dubious about five
      consultants from one company nominating a sixth - please find clients
      who've benefited.

      Send nominations to paskers@... by Wednesday, August 6.
      You may revise your nomination at any time up to the deadline, and
      committee members may suggest ways to make the nomination better
      before then.

      The committee is composed of past recipients of the award (Laurent
      Bossavit, Steve Freeman, Naresh Jain, Nat Pryce, Jeff Patton, J.B.
      Rainsberger, and James Shore), plus the original members (Rachel
      Davies, Dave Thomas, and Brian Marick).

      As is always the case, it's Brian Marick's fault the nominations are
      starting late.

      Please forward this mail to people you’d like to see form a nominating
      group.

      Thank you.

      -----
      Brian Marick, independent consultant