IT and Change Project Management Survey, Masters Dissertation.

  • Brent Hurley
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 17 9:36 AM

      Hello,

      My name is Brent Hurley, and I am a Masters student. I am writing to you because I would like you to participate in an internet survey for my dissertation. The topic of my dissertation is assessing the issues associated with Agile Project Management, and how there are (or are not) addressed in some PM methodologies.

      You can find my survey at: http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=9rYtmld1OoNGOxin5xBhXg_3d_3d

      The questionnaire will ask you about your experience of IT software development.  Essentially, I am looking for 2 types of people, those who have been on the Client side of IT Project Management, and those on the System (Solution) Provider side. Should you have had the experience of both, possibly by outsourcing a part of the project, then you will be gold-dust to me, and I would urge you to complete it.

      The questionnaire will take you about 15 minutes to answer the questions. It will start from the Client point-of-view and will progressively become more System (Solution) Provider.

      Should you feel not able to answer a particular question, then you may skip to the next or the end. I have left space for additional comments in each question, which is optional, but I would be very grateful for any of your valuable insights.

      All of your responses will be anonymous and all of your data will be held in the strictest confidence. From your responses, it will not be possible to identify you or your organization. Since the data obtained from this questionnaire will be used in my doctoral dissertation, the results may possibly appear in an academic or trade publication. None of your responses will ever be revealed.

      I do ask if you would like to be contacted, and propose an email address, which I may use to contact you. If you are happy to enter into further discussions, possibly in a wider Project Management context then don't hesitate, as I am always looking for different points of view.

      Thank you for considering to participate in this survey. If you do participate in the survey, and want to obtain a copy of my dissertation, please do not hesitate to respond to this email, and let me know. I am also willing to divulge the results following their analysis, but this would be in a strictly depersonalised way. When the degree has been granted, and the dissertation has been accepted and published, I will be more than happy to send you an electronic copy.

      Again, thank you for your time.

      Brent Hurley