Re: [agile-usability] User Research as a Commodity

    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 6, 2008
      On 6 Feb 2008, at 01:19, timkieschnick wrote:

      > A couple of people expressed interest in a comment I made about making
      > user research a commodity that is easily avalaible to all the agile
      > teams in our organization. Basically, we're pre-scheduling small
      > bits of
      > research time, and offloading all the logistics, so that agile
      > teams can
      > easilyget feedback from users throughout their projects without having
      > to work a 5-day usability lab into their schedule, and without
      > having to
      > run out to the mall to try to find users.

      It's interesting to me how close things like this are to the original
      XP concept of having an on-site customer. It's dropping those
      barriers to rapid feedback. Sounds like a good way to structure a
      small team managing larger groups of developers too. Nice.

      I too have found things like SUS scores over time a useful metric to
      have up on the wall :-)

      > I just posted a blog
      > <http://timiti.blogspot.com/2008/02/user-research-as-commodity.html>
      > about our overall approach to this, and I'd be really interested in
      > your
      > comments.

      <hint>That would make a nice experience report for the Agile 2008 UX
      Stage</hint>