Re: [agile-usability] Mac Project Management Tools

  • Daniel Castro
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 18, 2008
      Thank you Elias.
      Multiple projects from a single file? Is there a plugin? I was reading this thread and no one seems to know how to accomplish this.
      http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthread.php?t=4294

      -Daniel

      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 18, 2008
        Hi Daniel,

        You have to separate the file from the project (conceptually)...

        OmniPlan 2 is almost certainly going to have enterprise consolidation
        features which make separate project files (and multiple PMs) work
        smoothly, but if you are the only PM, this strategy works perfectly
        well:

        Have a single file (called MyProjects or what ever), and within that
        file, you have (for the sake of argument) 5 tasks. Then each task has
        daughter tasks to express the WBS (to task level) of each independent
        project.

        I am currently planning resource needs for a programme of work which
        will replace several critical systems in a bank over the next three
        years, and OmniPlan is working perfectly for my needs, so I would say
        try doing it in a single file, and if that is not working/workable
        for your situation, try FastTrack instead...

        Elias.

        On Jan 19, 2008, at 09:27, Daniel Castro wrote:

        > Thank you Elias.
        > Multiple projects from a single file? Is there a plugin? I was
        > reading this thread and no one seems to know how to accomplish this.
        > http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthread.php?t=4294
        >
        > -Daniel

      • Penny Hagen
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 19, 2008
          Hi Daniel

          It has pretty extensive capabilities for timelining, resource allocation, utilization etc. It can support multiple projects. I looked at Omniplanner first but found Merlin to have more of what I needed.

          Penny
        • marc mcneill
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 21, 2008
            Have you looked at Mingle?  http://studios.thoughtworks.com/mingle-project-intelligence  It is designed with agile projects in mind.