Re: [agile-usability] off topic... was prototyping.

  • Ron Jeffries
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 10, 2008
      Hello, Brian. On Thursday, January 10, 2008, at 5:06:17 PM, you
      wrote:

      > Yes Ron...that must be it.
      > Point was that no methodology is implemented in a pure form. The client is always right and
      > even when they're not, they're paying the bills. If it's an internal client, you still gotta
      > work with them.

      Yes, but that doesn't mean that I have to code with my finger up my
      nose just because they say to.

      But my point, perhaps not as respectfully phrased as it might have
      been, was that maybe all methods look alike to you because, rather
      than doing what the methods say, you're consciously or unconsciously
      reverting to something close to your standard way of doing things.

      I've done a number of different methodologies too, since 19mumble,
      and I have found them to be rather different in some important ways.

      > Perhaps there's some magic land where perfect
      > Agile/RUP/XP/Waterfall (or whatever one uses)
      > occurs, but I've yet to see it over 11+ years of doing
      > development with lots of clients.

      Well, it is not given to us to be perfect, but I've seen places that
      were really trying to do it, and others where they would say they
      were but visibly weren't.

      Ron Jeffries
      www.XProgramming.com
      It is better to attempt something great and fail that attempt,
      than to attempt to do nothing and succeed.
      --Cookie, Garden Court Chinese Restaurant, Hamburg, MI