Project Management methodologies

  • kjkirsch11
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 10, 2008
      Hi,

      I am new to AGIlE mothodologies and my question is: How would you
      compare Project Management Metholdologis: Rally, VersionOne, etc.
      Which do you feel may be better?

      Thanks,
      Karli
    • Elias.
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 10, 2008
        Hi Karli,

        Rally and VersionOne, etc are tools, not methodologies...

        As tools, the one that fits your process best is the best (and may or
        may not suit another team/enterprise).

        The key thing in adopting agile (in my limited experience) is
        tailoring the approach to suit the environment,there is not a single
        all-encompassing methodology that will solve ALL development
        problems...you need to be pragmatic, which means you will always be
        evolving/changing the approach, so any tools which support flexible
        process will be more useful over time...

        Alistair Cockburn has written a great deal on this subject.

        HTH

        Elias.