NOV 7th 2007: Maine UX Event: 6 spectacular speakers - 3 fantastic sessions!

  • Susan Doran
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 31, 2007
      Hi everyone!

      **************** Apologies for cross-postings ****************

      NOV 7th 2007: Maine UX Event: 6 spectacular speakers - 3 fantastic sessions!

      Join us for a full day of learning and sharing, stimulating speakers, fun after-party, and dinner with Maine UX friends, old in new--all set against the backdrop of beautiful Portland, Maine!

      Maine UX - 3 sessions - speakers!
      Date: November 07 2007
      Location: South Portland, Maine, USA
      Website: http://www.maineux.org/conference2007

      About This Event
      Come to Portland, Maine, for a full-day adventure of the best in UX!  Each year the Maine UX community brings together UX experts, luminaries, and peers from here and "From Away" for a day-long learning experience. This year's theme seems to be what it means to be nimble, agile, inspired—how that plays itself out in dynamic prototyping, games-inspired experience design, and agile or guerilla usability testing.

      Snapshot of three 90-minute sessions, and 6 stimulating speakers!

      Agile and Guerrilla Methods—How Design and Usability Is Really Getting Done
      - Cay Lodine, Principal User Experience Analyst, SeaChange International
      - Ann Marie McCarthy, Senior Interaction Designer, Kronos

      Prototyping—Cheap and Easy Tricks for Better Software
      - Carolyn Snyder, Principal, Snyder Consulting
      - Kyle Pero Soucy, Principal, Usable Interface

      Experience Design—Lessons Learned from Games Design
      - Sarah Bloomer, Founder and Principal, Sarah Bloomer & Co
      - Marise Phillips, VP of Product Design, MyQuire

      We'd love to see you at the conference—as well as afterward at a post-conference dinner of UX Track speakers, colleagues visiting for the conference, and Mainers in UX. We'll be gathering at a favorite bistro of Portland's "cultural creatives" in the fun and fashionable Munjoy Hill section of town.

      So whether you're in Northern New England--or have always wanted to be--c'mon up (or down, or over). We look forward to seeing you!

      btw: when we say "UX" we mean--oh, you know, really...the whole big-tent gamut-run of user experience, usability, interaction design, information architecture, UI design, HCI/CHI, as well as out of the wilds of visual, graphic, and industrial design, social networking, user-centered design and development, findability, search, SEO, taxonomy/ontology, library & info science, online marketing/communications, elearning, harem, scarem, merchan, tarem, zig-zag-zav, lorem ipsum...etc. (whew!)

      Get full details
      http://www.maineux.org/conference2007

      Any questions...?

      UX Track
      Susan Doran, UX Track coordinator
      207-774-4963 (land)
      292-296-4849 (cell)
      susandoran@...

      General MESDA conference questions
      Joe Kumiszcza, Executive Director of MESDA
      207-857-3003 x101
      joe@...