CFP for Agile UCD Workshop at CHI 2008 (Florence, Italy)

  • Desiree Sy
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 19, 2007
      We have extended the date for acceptance of proposals for this
      workshop to November 5, 2007.

      Call for Proposals
      CHI 2008 Workshop: Optimizing Agile UCD
      Sat 5-April-2008, Florence, Italy

      Submissions deadline: 5-Nov-07

      Notification date: 28-Nov-07
      Workshop website: http://agileucd.editme.com/

      The goal of this workshop is to improve future Agile user‑centered
      design (UCD) experiences for User Experience (UX) practitioners (such
      as interaction designers, usability professionals, UI designers, etc.)
      by investigating best practices for Agile UCD.

      To achieve this, senior UX practitioners with prior experience on an
      Agile project will share their knowledge and example work,
      collaborating in order to:

      · Identify success factors for Agile UCD
      · Find and remove obstacles that block Agile UCD
      · Find opportunities that Agile projects give us
      · Identify best UX practices for Agile UCD
      · Identify UX skills that Agile projects need.

      This workshop is a full-day extension to the successful Informal SIG
      of the same name at CHI 2007. What we'd like to happen this year is a
      more in-depth walkthrough of some examples of best practices, based on
      a few key areas of interest identified prior to the conference by the
      participants.

      The results of this investigation will be shared with the wider UX
      community (including those new to Agile development practices), but
      the participants should have experience in both UCD practices and
      Agile development.

      Detailed guidelines for proposals are at the workshop website
      (http://agileucd.editme.com/cfpchi2008). Proposals should be no longer
      than 4 pages in length, and should be sent to Desirée Sy (desiree dot
      sy at autodesk dot com). Any questions about the workshop can also be
      sent to Desirée Sy.

      Participants will be notified by November 28th, and the topics for the
      workshop will be decided collectively by the group.

      - Organizers: Desirée Sy, Lynn Miller (Autodesk)
    • Desiree Sy
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 3, 2007
        Just a ping to remind people of this.

        If you cannot get a "complete" proposal finished but you want to
        participate, please contact me.

        -Desirée

        P.S. Susan, I'm sorry I didn't respond to your posting earlier. I know
        from several notes that CHI's location next year in Italy is problematic
        for a number of people. I can only offer to try and get some of the
        results from the workshop out to a broader audience. If you are in the
        Bay area, Andrew Sandler of salesforce.com organized a great one-day
        session on this topic. Try a search through this discussion list to find
        his note.

        --- In agile-usability@yahoogroups.com, "Desiree Sy" <desiree.ux@...>