RE: New member introduction

  • Baker, Lisa
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 20, 2007
      RE: New member introduction

      We do agile in a large company, retail product environment. Weve been doing it four years now? (Maybe longer.) Im not often active on this thread because I get distracted by work (go figure).

      But feel free to email me. There are some good and workable things about it. And some adjustments you have to make. I do think its a HUGE improvement over the waterfall method.

      Good luck.

      Lisa Baker

      Human Factors Lead

      LANDesk Software, Inc.

      Lisa.baker@...

      801.208.1315

      "Simplifying our customers' work"

          From: Paul Doncaster

      1b. Re: New member introduction

          From: Adrian Howard

      1c. Re: New member introduction

          From: William Pietri

      Messages

      1a. New member introduction

          Posted by: "Paul Doncaster" pwdoncaster@... pwdoncaster

          Date: Wed Sep 19, 2007 7:50 am ((PDT))

      Greetings group members --

      I'm a User Experience Manager at a large firm that is about to, for

      the first time, undertake a massive agile project with UCD/UX

      considerations.

      I'm hopeful that this forum will be both resource and sounding board

      for issues that will pop up along the way.

      Looking forward to participating!!

      Paul Doncaster

      Messages in this topic (3)

      1b. Re: New member introduction

          Posted by: "Adrian Howard" adrianh@... ajh65537

          Date: Wed Sep 19, 2007 8:08 am ((PDT))

      On 19 Sep 2007, at 15:42, Paul Doncaster wrote:

      > Greetings group members --

      > I'm a User Experience Manager at a large firm that is about to, for

      > the first time, undertake a massive agile project with UCD/UX

      > considerations.

      > I'm hopeful that this forum will be both resource and sounding board

      > for issues that will pop up along the way.

      > Looking forward to participating!!

      <waves hello>

      Adrian

      Messages in this topic (3)

      1c. Re: New member introduction

          Posted by: "William Pietri" william@... william_pietri

          Date: Wed Sep 19, 2007 12:14 pm ((PDT))

      Paul Doncaster wrote:

      > Greetings group members --

      > I'm a User Experience Manager at a large firm that is about to, for

      > the first time, undertake a massive agile project with UCD/UX

      > considerations.

      > I'm hopeful that this forum will be both resource and sounding board

      > for issues that will pop up along the way.

      > Looking forward to participating!!

      Welcome, Paul!

      Feel free to ask. Especially if you get that

      there's-something-wrong-here feeling. The combination of

          * large company

          * massive project

          * first-time agile

      rings alarm bells for me. Not that it's impossible or anything. But

      those are all risk factors for what I've heard called "Agile in name

      only". So good luck, and definitely let us know how it's going.

      William Pietri - william@... - +1-415-643-1024

      Agile consulting, coaching, and development: http://www.scissor.com/

      Use your geek-fu to fight poverty: http://www.mifos.org/

      Messages in this topic (3)