Re: [agile-usability] New member introduction

    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 19, 2007
      On 19 Sep 2007, at 15:42, Paul Doncaster wrote:

      > Greetings group members --
      >
      > I'm a User Experience Manager at a large firm that is about to, for
      > the first time, undertake a massive agile project with UCD/UX
      > considerations.
      >
      > I'm hopeful that this forum will be both resource and sounding board
      > for issues that will pop up along the way.
      >
      > Looking forward to participating!!

      <waves hello>

      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 19, 2007
        Paul Doncaster wrote:
        > Greetings group members --
        >
        > I'm a User Experience Manager at a large firm that is about to, for
        > the first time, undertake a massive agile project with UCD/UX
        > considerations.
        >
        > I'm hopeful that this forum will be both resource and sounding board
        > for issues that will pop up along the way.
        >
        > Looking forward to participating!!

        Welcome, Paul!

        Feel free to ask. Especially if you get that
        there's-something-wrong-here feeling. The combination of

        * large company
        * massive project
        * first-time agile

        rings alarm bells for me. Not that it's impossible or anything. But
        those are all risk factors for what I've heard called "Agile in name
        only". So good luck, and definitely let us know how it's going.

        William Pietri - william@... - +1-415-643-1024
        Agile consulting, coaching, and development: http://www.scissor.com/
        Use your geek-fu to fight poverty: http://www.mifos.org/
      • Baker, Lisa
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 20, 2007
          RE: New member introduction

          We do agile in a large company, retail product environment. Weve been doing it four years now? (Maybe longer.) Im not often active on this thread because I get distracted by work (go figure).

          But feel free to email me. There are some good and workable things about it. And some adjustments you have to make. I do think its a HUGE improvement over the waterfall method.

          Good luck.

          Lisa Baker

          Human Factors Lead

          LANDesk Software, Inc.

          Lisa.baker@...

          801.208.1315

          "Simplifying our customers' work"

              From: Paul Doncaster

          1b. Re: New member introduction

              From: Adrian Howard

          1c. Re: New member introduction

              From: William Pietri

          Messages

          1a. New member introduction

              Posted by: "Paul Doncaster" pwdoncaster@... pwdoncaster

              Date: Wed Sep 19, 2007 7:50 am ((PDT))

          Greetings group members --

          I'm a User Experience Manager at a large firm that is about to, for

          the first time, undertake a massive agile project with UCD/UX

          considerations.

          I'm hopeful that this forum will be both resource and sounding board

          for issues that will pop up along the way.

          Looking forward to participating!!

          Paul Doncaster

          Messages in this topic (3)

          1b. Re: New member introduction

              Posted by: "Adrian Howard" adrianh@... ajh65537

              Date: Wed Sep 19, 2007 8:08 am ((PDT))

          On 19 Sep 2007, at 15:42, Paul Doncaster wrote:

          > Greetings group members --

          > I'm a User Experience Manager at a large firm that is about to, for

          > the first time, undertake a massive agile project with UCD/UX

          > considerations.

          > I'm hopeful that this forum will be both resource and sounding board

          > for issues that will pop up along the way.

          > Looking forward to participating!!

          <waves hello>

          Adrian

          Messages in this topic (3)

          1c. Re: New member introduction

              Posted by: "William Pietri" william@... william_pietri

              Date: Wed Sep 19, 2007 12:14 pm ((PDT))

          Paul Doncaster wrote:

          > Greetings group members --

          > I'm a User Experience Manager at a large firm that is about to, for

          > the first time, undertake a massive agile project with UCD/UX

          > considerations.

          > I'm hopeful that this forum will be both resource and sounding board

          > for issues that will pop up along the way.

          > Looking forward to participating!!

          Welcome, Paul!

          Feel free to ask. Especially if you get that

          there's-something-wrong-here feeling. The combination of

              * large company

              * massive project

              * first-time agile

          rings alarm bells for me. Not that it's impossible or anything. But

          those are all risk factors for what I've heard called "Agile in name

          only". So good luck, and definitely let us know how it's going.

          William Pietri - william@... - +1-415-643-1024

          Agile consulting, coaching, and development: http://www.scissor.com/

          Use your geek-fu to fight poverty: http://www.mifos.org/

          Messages in this topic (3)