New member introduction

  • Paul Doncaster
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 19 7:42 AM
      Greetings group members --

      I'm a User Experience Manager at a large firm that is about to, for
      the first time, undertake a massive agile project with UCD/UX
      considerations.

      I'm hopeful that this forum will be both resource and sounding board
      for issues that will pop up along the way.

      Looking forward to participating!!

      Paul Doncaster
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 19 8:08 AM
        On 19 Sep 2007, at 15:42, Paul Doncaster wrote:

        > Greetings group members --
        >
        > I'm a User Experience Manager at a large firm that is about to, for
        > the first time, undertake a massive agile project with UCD/UX
        > considerations.
        >
        > I'm hopeful that this forum will be both resource and sounding board
        > for issues that will pop up along the way.
        >
        > Looking forward to participating!!

        <waves hello>

        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 19 12:13 PM
          Paul Doncaster wrote:
          > Greetings group members --
          >
          > I'm a User Experience Manager at a large firm that is about to, for
          > the first time, undertake a massive agile project with UCD/UX
          > considerations.
          >
          > I'm hopeful that this forum will be both resource and sounding board
          > for issues that will pop up along the way.
          >
          > Looking forward to participating!!

          Welcome, Paul!

          Feel free to ask. Especially if you get that
          there's-something-wrong-here feeling. The combination of

          * large company
          * massive project
          * first-time agile

          rings alarm bells for me. Not that it's impossible or anything. But
          those are all risk factors for what I've heard called "Agile in name
          only". So good luck, and definitely let us know how it's going.

          William Pietri - william@... - +1-415-643-1024
          Agile consulting, coaching, and development: http://www.scissor.com/
          Use your geek-fu to fight poverty: http://www.mifos.org/
        • Baker, Lisa
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 20 10:34 AM
            RE: New member introduction

            We do agile in a large company, retail product environment. Weve been doing it four years now? (Maybe longer.) Im not often active on this thread because I get distracted by work (go figure).

            But feel free to email me. There are some good and workable things about it. And some adjustments you have to make. I do think its a HUGE improvement over the waterfall method.

            Good luck.

            Lisa Baker

            Human Factors Lead

            LANDesk Software, Inc.

            Lisa.baker@...

            801.208.1315

            "Simplifying our customers' work"

                From: Paul Doncaster

            1b. Re: New member introduction

                From: Adrian Howard

            1c. Re: New member introduction

                From: William Pietri

            Messages

            1a. New member introduction

                Posted by: "Paul Doncaster" pwdoncaster@... pwdoncaster

                Date: Wed Sep 19, 2007 7:50 am ((PDT))

            Greetings group members --

            I'm a User Experience Manager at a large firm that is about to, for

            the first time, undertake a massive agile project with UCD/UX

            considerations.

            I'm hopeful that this forum will be both resource and sounding board

            for issues that will pop up along the way.

            Looking forward to participating!!

            Paul Doncaster

            Messages in this topic (3)

            1b. Re: New member introduction

                Posted by: "Adrian Howard" adrianh@... ajh65537

                Date: Wed Sep 19, 2007 8:08 am ((PDT))

            On 19 Sep 2007, at 15:42, Paul Doncaster wrote:

            > Greetings group members --

            > I'm a User Experience Manager at a large firm that is about to, for

            > the first time, undertake a massive agile project with UCD/UX

            > considerations.

            > I'm hopeful that this forum will be both resource and sounding board

            > for issues that will pop up along the way.

            > Looking forward to participating!!

            <waves hello>

            Adrian

            Messages in this topic (3)

            1c. Re: New member introduction

                Posted by: "William Pietri" william@... william_pietri

                Date: Wed Sep 19, 2007 12:14 pm ((PDT))

            Paul Doncaster wrote:

            > Greetings group members --

            > I'm a User Experience Manager at a large firm that is about to, for

            > the first time, undertake a massive agile project with UCD/UX

            > considerations.

            > I'm hopeful that this forum will be both resource and sounding board

            > for issues that will pop up along the way.

            > Looking forward to participating!!

            Welcome, Paul!

            Feel free to ask. Especially if you get that

            there's-something-wrong-here feeling. The combination of

                * large company

                * massive project

                * first-time agile

            rings alarm bells for me. Not that it's impossible or anything. But

            those are all risk factors for what I've heard called "Agile in name

            only". So good luck, and definitely let us know how it's going.

            William Pietri - william@... - +1-415-643-1024

            Agile consulting, coaching, and development: http://www.scissor.com/

            Use your geek-fu to fight poverty: http://www.mifos.org/

            Messages in this topic (3)