UX Job (1 FT and 1 Contract Opportunity) at Confluecnce Commons in Boulder, CO

  • hhcanes
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 28, 2007
      Who wouldn't want to come to Boulder....to join the greatest company
      right off of Pearl Street.

      Confluence Commons, Inc. is a well-funded consumer internet start-up
      that is looking for a Senior User Experience Lead, who has
      experience with small software start-ups and the need to wear many
      hats to support the cause.

      Our primary investor is a veteran entrepreneur in the world of
      consumer internet services. He has created and sold two previous
      consumer internet companies for a combined amount of over $1
      billion. Confluence Commons is working on his next hot idea.

      We are developing the first and only online free tool that allows you
      to easily and efficiently manage all of your email and social
      networking communications in one place. The product is called Fuser,
      and you can check it out by visiting www.fuser.com and use the
      registration code "careers" to setup your own account.

      Job Purpose:
      This position has the primary responsibility of overseeing all tasks
      associated with the User Experience team including strategic design,
      usability testing, tactical design, and associated management efforts.

      Your role combines oversight of the user experience of a consumer Web
      application with hands-on contributions necessary to meet an
      aggressive development schedule.

      Specific duties include (in no particular order)
      o Determine UI design priorities and respond to changes as they
      occur
      o Manage and/or facilitate design sessions with a cross-
      functional team
      o Produce and/or review interaction design documents and
      wireframes
      o Maintain efficient and effective communication with product
      management, development, and QE
      o Oversee usability testing
      o Monitor implementation of designs
      o Maintain pattern library and other design tools
      Background Requirements
      o 7-10 years experience in a UX-related position
      o Passionate about usable software
      o Proven track record designing usable software interfaces,
      preferably with consumer Web applications
      o Experience with low-cost usability testing methods
      o Experience implementing user-centered design in an agile
      (scrum) development environment
      o Ability to articulate usability and usable design principles
      to developers and management
      o Willingness to pitch in as needed in a "start up" environment
      o Excellent written communication skills
      This Position
      o Full-time regular employee
      o Good benefits package
      o Work location is just off of Pearl Street in Boulder, Colorado

      If you think you meet the requirements above then we want to talk to
      you. Send your resume to: careers@...

      CONTRACT POSITION
      Website Application Designer

      Contract with possible contract to hire.
      Needed approximately up to 20 hours/week with on site collaboration.

      Required skill set:
      Design experience for web applications including graphical layouts
      and design, specification criteria for CSS styles and specification
      criteria for interaction with an understanding of AJAX usage. Ability
      to work from whiteboard and/or paper prototypes to deliver a
      development team a finished high-resolution composition in Photoshop
      or Illustrator. Understanding of reusable patterns of design and
      limitations of web application interfaces using web 2.0 design.
      Implement graphical assets to be used in web application interface.

      Desired skill set:
      Usability and user experience design knowledge
      User Centered Design methods
      Agile software life cycle experience
      Semantic web development principles
      HTML, CSS, JavaScript
      Adobe Creative Suite

      If you think you meet the requirements above then
      we want to talk to you.

      Careers@...

      Please know that while we'll look at every resume we receive, we
      can't guarantee a response. If you seem to be a good fit, we'll be
      in touch.