Re: New member introduction [WAS Re: [agile-usability] Tailoring UX methods for agil

    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 9, 2007
      On 9 Aug 2007, at 05:41, Jeff Patton wrote:

      > --- In agile-usability@yahoogroups.com, "White, Jeff" <jeff.white@...>
      > wrote:
      >> Also - what's the drama over the scrum master training? There are
      >> a few
      >> product managers at my company wanting to get certified.
      >
      > It's a two day course that many in the Agile community don't feel
      > deserves the prefix "certified." It'll give your people a quick dip
      > in Scrum - and a good perspective on the value system that motivates
      > it. If you're unfamiliar with Agile development or Scrum to start
      > with, you have a lot more to learn to become proficient in it. I say
      > this as a certified scrum master myself.

      That's not to say that they're not good courses. Most folk I know who
      have been on one say they were most useful.

      They're just the start of the journey - not the end.

      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 10, 2007

        > That's not to say that they're not good courses. Most folk I know who  have been on one say they were most useful.

        They're just the start of the journey - not the end. <

        I agree.  I’m trying to go through the rigor to get certified to teach them right now.  They’re a good start.  Possible CSM should be change to CSB – certified scrum beginner.  ;-)

      • Faith Peterson
        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 10, 2007
          Oh, is that really so much better than "Scrum Alliance-authorized training for people who want to facilitate Scrum projects"?

          On 8/10/07, Jeff Patton <jpatton@...> wrote:

          > That's not to say that they're not good courses. Most folk I know who  have been on one say they were most useful.

          They're just the start of the journey - not the end. <

          I agree.  I'm trying to go through the rigor to get certified to teach them right now.  They're a good start.  Possible CSM should be change to CSB – certified scrum beginner.  ;-)

          Faith Peterson
          f.a.peterson@...
          Schaumburg, IL
          http://www.linkedin.com/in/fpeterson