Re: [agile-usability] Tailoring UX methods for agile projects - resources for beginners please

  • Miriam Walker
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 9, 2007
      This podcast is a few years old but very easy to digest and interesting company on the bus:
      http://agiletoolkit.libsyn.com/index.php?post_id=15584
      User Centerd Design Round Table with Lynn Miller, Jeff Patton and Rebecca Wirfs-Brock

      Miriam

      On 8/7/07, Richard Collins-Bye <r.collinsbye@...> wrote:

      Hi

      I've been following discussions on this list with interest in the
      belief that agile software development methods are the way forward. I
      regularly provide tactical ergonomics/usability support to enterprise
      projects using traditional software development processes (can I say
      waterfall here?) and am comfortable with applying UX methods in this
      context.

      I now find that I have the opportunity to provide tactical ergonomics/
      usability support to an agile team for the first time. I have a basic
      understanding of how my approach must scale to fit but would be
      extremely grateful if you could direct me to any introductory
      resources on the web or in recommended texts.

      Cheers
      Richard

      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 9, 2007
        On 7 Aug 2007, at 23:17, Richard Collins-Bye wrote:
        [snip]
        > I now find that I have the opportunity to provide tactical ergonomics/
        > usability support to an agile team for the first time. I have a basic
        > understanding of how my approach must scale to fit but would be
        > extremely grateful if you could direct me to any introductory
        > resources on the web or in recommended texts.
        [snip]

        I'll second the recommendation of Jeff's blog & web site - great stuff.

        You might also find some of the stuff under <http://del.icio.us/tag/
        agile+ux> of interest.