Re: Tailoring UX methods for agile projects - resources for beginners please

    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 8, 2007
      --- In agile-usability@yahoogroups.com, "Faith Peterson"
      <f.a.peterson@...> wrote:

      > Richard,
      >
      > If you haven't yet visited Jeff Patton's site at
      agileproductdesign.com, I
      > strongly recommend it

      <blush>

      Thank you Faith for the kind words.

      I've been slower than I'd like at getting ideas and techniques
      published - and I've found I've had to iterate lots to find ways to
      explain things such that they're easy to understand and put into
      practice.

      My ongoing struggles at a book can be found at:
      www.outside-in-development.com. While the work is somewhat
      incomplete, and much of what's there is a few iterations shy of
      "done", you might find some of the collaboration techniques explained
      there useful. Also, I try to give a "non-denominational" perspective
      of agile development - although I can't guarantee it's completely free
      of religion.

      Thanks again,

      -Jeff
    • Miriam Walker
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 9, 2007
        This podcast is a few years old but very easy to digest and interesting company on the bus:
        http://agiletoolkit.libsyn.com/index.php?post_id=15584
        User Centerd Design Round Table with Lynn Miller, Jeff Patton and Rebecca Wirfs-Brock

        Miriam

        On 8/7/07, Richard Collins-Bye <r.collinsbye@...> wrote:

        Hi

        I've been following discussions on this list with interest in the
        belief that agile software development methods are the way forward. I
        regularly provide tactical ergonomics/usability support to enterprise
        projects using traditional software development processes (can I say
        waterfall here?) and am comfortable with applying UX methods in this
        context.

        I now find that I have the opportunity to provide tactical ergonomics/
        usability support to an agile team for the first time. I have a basic
        understanding of how my approach must scale to fit but would be
        extremely grateful if you could direct me to any introductory
        resources on the web or in recommended texts.

        Cheers
        Richard

        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 9, 2007
          On 7 Aug 2007, at 23:17, Richard Collins-Bye wrote:
          [snip]
          > I now find that I have the opportunity to provide tactical ergonomics/
          > usability support to an agile team for the first time. I have a basic
          > understanding of how my approach must scale to fit but would be
          > extremely grateful if you could direct me to any introductory
          > resources on the web or in recommended texts.
          [snip]

          I'll second the recommendation of Jeff's blog & web site - great stuff.

          You might also find some of the stuff under <http://del.icio.us/tag/
          agile+ux> of interest.