New member introduction [WAS Re: [agile-usability] Tailoring UX methods for agile projects - resources for beginners please]

  • Faith Peterson
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 8, 2007
      My apologies then to Jeff Patton. I've recently joined the list, and have been on a tear absorbing all I can find on design and Agile, so I have lots of names and sites still jumbled up in short-term memory. I've been an interaction and functional designer for several years and now manage a small team. I'm now working in an Agile-oriented company. I recently completed Certified ScrumMaster training (yes, I know there's a small controversy about that but it helped synthesize all that I'd been reading), and took my team to a training on using use cases as Agile analysis tools.

      I'm looking forward to learning more from all of you.

      Faith

      On 8/8/07, White, Jeff <jeff.white@...> wrote:

      Faith – I think Jeff Patton is actually the moderator of this list.

      Jeff

      Jeff White

      Knoxville, TN

      http://www.linkedin.com/in/jwhite31

      Yahoo! Mail

      Get on board

      You're invited to try

      the all-new Mail Beta.

      Y! Messenger

      Instant smiles

      Share photos while

      you IM friends.

      Yoga Groups

      Find Enlightenment

      & exchange insights

      with other members

      .

      --
      Faith Peterson
      f.a.peterson@...

        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 8, 2007
          --- In agile-usability@yahoogroups.com, "White, Jeff" <jeff.white@...>
          wrote:
          > Also - what's the drama over the scrum master training? There are a few
          > product managers at my company wanting to get certified.

          It's a two day course that many in the Agile community don't feel
          deserves the prefix "certified." It'll give your people a quick dip
          in Scrum - and a good perspective on the value system that motivates
          it. If you're unfamiliar with Agile development or Scrum to start
          with, you have a lot more to learn to become proficient in it. I say
          this as a certified scrum master myself.

          Message 4 of 7 , Aug 9, 2007
            On 8 Aug 2007, at 15:12, Faith Peterson wrote:
            [snip]
            > I'm looking forward to learning more from all of you.

            Welcome - and ditto (it's not a one way street y'know :-)

            Message 5 of 7 , Aug 9, 2007
              On 9 Aug 2007, at 05:41, Jeff Patton wrote:

              > --- In agile-usability@yahoogroups.com, "White, Jeff" <jeff.white@...>
              > wrote:
              >> Also - what's the drama over the scrum master training? There are
              >> a few
              >> product managers at my company wanting to get certified.
              >
              > It's a two day course that many in the Agile community don't feel
              > deserves the prefix "certified." It'll give your people a quick dip
              > in Scrum - and a good perspective on the value system that motivates
              > it. If you're unfamiliar with Agile development or Scrum to start
              > with, you have a lot more to learn to become proficient in it. I say
              > this as a certified scrum master myself.

              That's not to say that they're not good courses. Most folk I know who
              have been on one say they were most useful.

              They're just the start of the journey - not the end.

              Message 6 of 7 , Aug 10, 2007

                > That's not to say that they're not good courses. Most folk I know who  have been on one say they were most useful.

                They're just the start of the journey - not the end. <

                I agree.  I’m trying to go through the rigor to get certified to teach them right now.  They’re a good start.  Possible CSM should be change to CSB – certified scrum beginner.  ;-)

              • Faith Peterson
                Message 7 of 7 , Aug 10, 2007
                  Oh, is that really so much better than "Scrum Alliance-authorized training for people who want to facilitate Scrum projects"?