Re: [agile-usability] Core Agile and UCD values

  • Jens Ulferts
    Message 1 of 22 , Jul 31, 2007
      Hi Jennifer,

      I aim for about 30 statements to be judged in my questionair. That should not take more than 10 minutes to answer.

      What you are describing with the different approaches at the beginning is a symptom for a difference on a much grander scale. The two have a fields live different cultures. It is apparent in their work style, their language and their values which is the basis of it all. They have incorporated those values during their education and work. Their values have to be accounted for in the processes if a successful combination is to be acchieved.

      Hence my approach to let practitioners judge the importance of values for their work. Asking practitioners "How did you do it..." will not yield the results I look for. The answers will again be symptoms, with a limited applicability as project and team changes. But now I come to think of it, I believe that asking this questions once I have the value systems identified might be very interesting. It would be possible to explain why something did or didn't work.

      BTW, is it possible for you to send my your master's thesis. Always good to have more research material.

      Jens

      -------- Original-Nachricht --------
      Datum: Thu, 26 Jul 2007 11:06:08 +1200 (NZST)
      Von: jennifer ferreira <jenniferferreira484@...>