Re: [agile-usability] Collocation, UCD, and customering work - was Re: Remote versus collocated teams.

    Message 1 of 146 , Jun 7, 2007
      On 6 Jun 2007, at 14:08, Desilets, Alain wrote:
      [snip]
      > - Take that discussion offline, or maybe to the XP mailing list
      > (I'm sure you'll have lots of animated debate there ;-))
      [snip]

      agilemultisitedevelopment@yahoogroups.com would be another place.

      Adrian
    • kswaters1
      Message 146 of 146 , Jul 11, 2007
        Here here Ron! Remote teamwork may be possible but it certainly
        isn't ideal. Close collaboration without co-location is a
        compromise, sometimes an essential one, but not one you'd advocate
        as part of any methodology.

        I sometimes like to think of this in terms of new business
        startups. How many people would start a business and think, "I
        know, let's base our development teams in multiple locations and
        have the business owners of the product we're building in a
        different place to the developers." For logistical reasons, sales
        and other field-based teams maybe, for product development I think
        not.

        Kelly Waters
        http://www.allaboutagile.com

        --- In agile-usability@yahoogroups.com, Ron Jeffries
        <ronjeffries@...> wrote:

        > Hello, Owen. On Sunday, June 3, 2007, at 11:01:30 PM, you wrote:
        >
        > > I realise that many people aren't in my position such that they
        would
        > > want hard facts to decide. Many are going to trust the opinions
        of other
        > > people they may think have seasoned opinions, because they
        haven't got
        > > the time or the interest to decide for themselves. However, if
        John