Re: [agile-usability] Re: Remote versus collocated teams.

  • Ron Jeffries
    Message 1 of 146 , Jun 3, 2007
      Hello, Adrian. Great material. Thanks! On Sunday, June 3, 2007, at
      9:50:21 AM, you wrote:

      > I could go on :-)

      Ron Jeffries
      www.XProgramming.com
      Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people
      always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can
      become great. -- Mark Twain.
    • kswaters1
      Message 146 of 146 , Jul 11, 2007
        Here here Ron! Remote teamwork may be possible but it certainly
        isn't ideal. Close collaboration without co-location is a
        compromise, sometimes an essential one, but not one you'd advocate
        as part of any methodology.

        I sometimes like to think of this in terms of new business
        startups. How many people would start a business and think, "I
        know, let's base our development teams in multiple locations and
        have the business owners of the product we're building in a
        different place to the developers." For logistical reasons, sales
        and other field-based teams maybe, for product development I think
        not.

        Kelly Waters
        http://www.allaboutagile.com

        --- In agile-usability@yahoogroups.com, Ron Jeffries
        <ronjeffries@...> wrote:

        > Hello, Owen. On Sunday, June 3, 2007, at 11:01:30 PM, you wrote:
        >
        > > I realise that many people aren't in my position such that they
        would
        > > want hard facts to decide. Many are going to trust the opinions
        of other
        > > people they may think have seasoned opinions, because they
        haven't got
        > > the time or the interest to decide for themselves. However, if
        John