JOB: Senior User Experience Designer, CollabNet - Brisbane, CA

  • beril_oak
    Message 1 of 1 , May 22, 2007
      Position Overview:
      Join the CollabNet User Experience team in the forefront of our company's
      initiative in getting closer to our users, and designing and building our
      next wave of products. CollabNet, named to the 2006 Red Herring 100 and
      cited in Friedman's The World is Flat, sits today at the intersection of
      open source, distributed development, and globalization.

      The Senior User Experience Designer will have a direct impact on the
      direction of user experience and will play a key role in designing CollabNet
      products by working with other design team members, product teams,
      customers, and developers to identify feature requirements, translate them
      into wireframes and specifications, and iteratively contribute to the
      implementation of the features.

      Duties:
      . Design.
      . Provide guidance on usability of new features.
      . Produce high- and low-fidelity prototypes. Formats include XHTML,
      paper, or.pdf.
      . Work on and/or create use cases, u.i. specifications, and other user
      experience documents.
      . Work with other user experience designers to create templates,
      guidelines, and standards that can be used by other team members or other
      teams.

      Qualifications:
      . At least seven years of hands-on experience in interaction and
      interface design.
      . Experience with design of end-user, web-based applications.
      . Ability to design components in the context of their effect on the
      larger application.
      . Experience with creating user flows, wireframes, and design
      prototyping.
      . Ability to develop logical, detailed, and well-thought-through
      specifications and user scenarios.
      . Experience with usability heuristics, usability testing, style
      guidelines development, and giving presentations on style standards and
      usability are a plus.
      . An understanding of software development environments and product
      development cycles.
      . Experience with designing in agile development environments in
      addition to more traditional developments is a plus.
      . Proficiency with Web standards, including XHTML, CSS, Web
      Accessibility, and Section 508.
      . Javascript strength is a plus.
      . An understanding of current internet-centric technologies such as
      AJAX, XML, DOM, and portals.
      . Excellent interpersonal skills, teamwork, ability to multi-task.
      . Enjoy working closely with others.

      Education:
      Bachelor's degree or higher in HCI, Interaction Design, Industrial Design, or
      related area preferred.

      Submit your resume to jobs@... with the job title as the subject or fax to +1 (650)
      228-2501. Please include a cover letter, how you heard about CollabNet, and how your
      experience is a fit.