Re: CHI 2007 Informal SIG: Optimizing Agile UCD

  • woodstockkk_2000
    Message 1 of 3 , May 2, 2007
      Hi desiree,

      wish I could be there at the conference just didn't find out about
      it at the time..

      ? Is their discussiin around the use of formal UI design reviews as
      to whether their is a need for them or the review could be the test
      of the design?

      Thanks,

      kip

      --- In agile-usability@yahoogroups.com, "Desiree Sy"
      <desiree.sy@...> wrote:

      > CHI Informal SIG: Optimizing Agile User-Centred Design
      > If you are an experienced interaction designer or usability
      practitioner
      > who has worked on an Agile project, and you want to improve your
      next
      > experience with Agile user-centred design, join our group at CHI.
      >
      > Goals:
      >
      > * To determine best user experience practices for Agile user-
      centred
      > design.
      > * To make future Agile UCD projects more positive experiences
      for
      > user experience professionals (although participants' past
      experiences
      > do not need to be positive ones).
      > Areas of investigation:
      >
      > * Are there common factors that can affect the success of
      Agile UCD?
      > Which of these factors do interaction designers have control over?
      > * What skills do interaction designers have that Agile
      projects need
      > most?
      > * What opportunities do Agile projects give interaction
      designers
      > that waterfall (or other non-Agile) projects do not? How do we
      > capitalize on the opportunities?
      > * What obstacles stand in the way of these opportunities? Can
      we
      > address them?
      > * Sharing user experience methods or practices that have
      worked well
      > for participants.
      > NOTE: Several participants have already done some preparation work
      for
      > this session, and there is a fairly full agenda in place.
      > This informal SIG will NOT define Agile development practices or
      terms.
      > This session assumes prior experience on an Agile project, and
      > experience with UCD practices.
      >
      > Location & time:
      > Room C1
      > Tuesday 1-May-07, 2:30-6:00pm
      >
      > For more information, please contact Desirée Sy at
      > agile.UCD@...
      >
      > -Desirée
      > Desirée Sy
      > Interaction Designer, User Experience Group
      > work: (416) 874-8296 | fax: (416) 369-6150
      > Autodesk Canada, Inc | 210 King Street East, Toronto, ON,
      Canada M5A