UI Design Reviews in an Agile environment

  • woodstockkk_2000
    Message 1 of 3 , May 2, 2007
      Hi,

      The current environment which is moving from waterfall approach to an
      agile methodology requires formal UI design reviews..has anyone been
      able to reduce or remove this process within their teams...?

      Do you know of any background material which could be used as
      ammunition to help facilitate moving away from this formal review
      process>?

      Any information would be appreciated...or if this has been addressed
      somewhere else could you provide me a link?

      Thanks,
    • Larry Constantine
      Message 2 of 3 , May 3, 2007

        Collaborative usability inspections are a more agile design alternative to formal UI design reviews. Over 15 years of use have proved them to be fast, easy to implement, and productive. They can be plugged in at almost any point and used repeatedly as part of iterations. Anyone who wants a couple of articles in ,PDFs can just send me an email request off-line.

        --Larry Constantine, IDSA, ACM Distinguished Engineer

          Director, LabUSE - The Laboratory for Usage-centered Software Engineering

          Professor, Department of Mathematics and Engineering

          University of Madeira , Funchal , Portugal

          Chief Scientist | Constantine & Lockwood Ltd | www.foruse.com

      • Raony Araújo
        Message 3 of 3 , May 14, 2007
          Hi Larry,

          Could you please send me those PDFs articles that you mentioned?

          thanks in advance,

          raony