CHI 2007 Informal SIG: Optimizing Agile UCD

  • Desiree Sy
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 29, 2007
      CHI Informal SIG: Optimizing Agile User-Centred Design
      If you are an experienced interaction designer or usability practitioner who has worked on an Agile project, and you want to improve your next experience with Agile user-centred design, join our group at CHI.

      Goals:
      • To determine best user experience practices for Agile user-centred design.
      • To make future Agile UCD projects more positive experiences for user experience professionals (although participants' past experiences do not need to be positive ones).
      Areas of investigation:
      • Are there common factors that can affect the success of Agile UCD? Which of these factors do interaction designers have control over?
      • What skills do interaction designers have that Agile projects need most?
      • What opportunities do Agile projects give interaction designers that waterfall (or other non-Agile) projects do not? How do we capitalize on the opportunities?
      • What obstacles stand in the way of these opportunities? Can we address them?
      • Sharing user experience methods or practices that have worked well for participants.
      NOTE: Several participants have already done some preparation work for this session, and there is a fairly full agenda in place.
      This informal SIG will NOT define Agile development practices or terms. This session assumes prior experience on an Agile project, and experience with UCD practices.

      Location & time:
      Room C1
      Tuesday 1-May-07, 2:30-6:00pm

      For more information, please contact Desirée Sy at agile.UCD@....

      -Desirée
      Desirée Sy
      Interaction Designer, User Experience Group
      work: (416) 874-8296    | fax:  (416) 369-6150
      Autodesk Canada, Inc    | 210 King Street East, Toronto, ON, Canada M5A 1J7
    • Desiree Sy
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 30, 2007
        To clarify:

        This group is meeting at the CHI 2007 conference, which is being held in
        San Jose, CA.

        Sorry about the confusion.

        --Desirée

        --- In agile-usability@yahoogroups.com, "Desiree Sy" <desiree.sy@...>
        wrote:

        > CHI Informal SIG: Optimizing Agile User-Centred Design
        > If you are an experienced interaction designer or usability
        practitioner
        > who has worked on an Agile project, and you want to improve your next
        > experience with Agile user-centred design, join our group at CHI.
        >
        > Goals:
        >
        > * To determine best user experience practices for Agile
        user-centred
        > design.
        > * To make future Agile UCD projects more positive experiences for
        > user experience professionals (although participants' past experiences
        > do not need to be positive ones).
        > Areas of investigation:
        >
        > * Are there common factors that can affect the success of Agile
        UCD?
        > Which of these factors do interaction designers have control over?
        > * What skills do interaction designers have that Agile projects
        need
        > most?
        > * What opportunities do Agile projects give interaction designers
        > that waterfall (or other non-Agile) projects do not? How do we
        > capitalize on the opportunities?
        > * What obstacles stand in the way of these opportunities? Can we
        > address them?
        > * Sharing user experience methods or practices that have worked
        well
        > for participants.
        > NOTE: Several participants have already done some preparation work for
        > this session, and there is a fairly full agenda in place.
        > This informal SIG will NOT define Agile development practices or
        terms.
        > This session assumes prior experience on an Agile project, and
        > experience with UCD practices.
        >
        > Location & time:
        > Room C1
        > Tuesday 1-May-07, 2:30-6:00pm
        >
        > For more information, please contact Desirée Sy at
        > agile.UCD@...
        >
        > -Desirée
        > Desirée Sy
        > Interaction Designer, User Experience Group
        > work: (416) 874-8296 | fax: (416) 369-6150
        > Autodesk Canada, Inc | 210 King Street East, Toronto, ON, Canada
        M5A
        > 1J7

      • woodstockkk_2000
        Message 3 of 3 , May 2 11:13 AM
          Hi desiree,

          wish I could be there at the conference just didn't find out about
          it at the time..

          ? Is their discussiin around the use of formal UI design reviews as
          to whether their is a need for them or the review could be the test
          of the design?

          Thanks,

          kip