ANN: XP Day Toronto, May 12th 2007

  • nkhanna_01
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 25, 2007
      My apologies if you've already received this as a member of another
      user group.

      What: Diaspar Software is proud to present the fourth installment of
      the XP Day North America series: XP Day Toronto taking place on May
      12, 2007.

      Why Might you Care: We're a small conference that focuses on three
      1) Helping people who are XP curious to start practicing XP in their
      current work environments.
      2) Bringing together current XP Practitioners to exchange ideas and
      share their experiences amongst the attendees.
      3) Accessibility of field experts. Deep insightful answers typically
      only cost 1 beer :-).

      4 more reasons why you should attend XP Day Toronto:
      1) Presenting at XP Day will be: Brian Marick, Gil Broza & J.B.
      2) Deborah Hartmann runs our fantastic open space, which has always
      been full of interesting topics and lively conversation.
      3) We limit our attendance to 125 registrants to ensure reasonable
      access to guest speakers and special invitees.
      4) It's inexpensive. $265 gets you in the door and that includes
      continental breakfast, lunch and snacks.

      Interested? If you prefer a website as opposed to plain text, please
      visit http://www.xpday.info for all the details. If you're too tired
      to enter the link, keep reading.

      If you are looking for an opportunity to learn more about Extreme
      Programming without having to spend an entire week at a large
      international XP conference, XP Day Toronto fits the bill. XP Day is
      a one-day event with activities for anyone interested in Extreme
      Programming, whether you're:

      * A programmer who has heard about XP and wants to find out more.
      * An executive wondering how XP can improve the contribution your
      software organization makes to the bottom line.
      * A manager looking for ways to increase your team's effectiveness.
      * A skeptic, hoping to challenge the most experienced and outspoken XP
      * A programmer itching to experience a real XP project room.
      * An experienced practitioner, hoping to share ideas with other
      experienced practitioners.

      We know Agile 2007 is coming up, but XP Day Toronto is an excellent
      opportunity to meet, attend tutorial sessions and even work with some
      of the XP community's most notable practitioners. Not to mention that
      Deb Hartmann's open space has always received rave reviews! All this
      for $265 (continental breakfast & lunch included).

      XP Day events are interactive!

      - Tutorials

      We are fortunate to have respected leaders of the XP community
      providing world-class instruction in the fundamentals of XP. Check
      out our website for bios!

      * Brian Marick, keynote: "Six Years Later: What the Agile Manifesto
      Left out"
      * Gil Broza: "XP: Where do I start?"
      * J. B. Rainsberger will provide an introduction to XP.

      - Open Space

      There's plenty of room, the space is run superbly and the conversation
      is typically lively. You can collaborate intensively with both local
      and invited advanced practitioners on issues that challenge you most.
      If the tutorials don't cover it, you can work through your burning
      questions in Open Space.

      - Project Room

      If you're looking to dive in and immerse yourself in XP, join the XP
      Project Room, where you'll have the opportunity to work on project
      with respected experts. Not sure what's going on? No problem! Join the
      project any time and someone will bring you up to speed quickly, just
      like on a real XP project!

      If you're looking for more information, visit our website:

      If you have any questions with regards to this event, please don't
      hesitate to contact me at the email address listed above.

      Hope to see you all there!