Re: Irise / simulation software

  • heyrobertdavis
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 11, 2007
      --- In agile-usability@yahoogroups.com, "Dean Morrow" <dmorrow6@...>
      wrote:

      > Has anyone had any experience (good or bad) with using something like
      > Irise to foster an agile usability environment?
      >
      > I'm thnking about the ability to create an interactive model virtually
      > real-time for gathering requirements, exploring scenarios and quickly
      > coming up with a design artifact that is useful and usable for
      > developers.
      >
      > -Dean

      Dean - we have't used iRise, but have been using Axure as a rapid
      wireframing/prototyping tool. It's been a valuable tool in, as you
      say, exploring scenarios. Our UX lead has been using it to help the
      business analysts on our agile team as they flesh out the story
      narratives, forming their own little iterative cycle prior to coding.
      Axure isn't as sophisticated as iRise -- the documentation says it
      manages requirements documentation, but not with any degree of
      automation. I spent the afternoon looking at iRise and we will
      definitely try it as well.

      Good luck - report back on experiences if you do decide to give it a try.
    • Elizabeth Whitworth
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 12, 2007
        They don't mention the price on the site but iRise costs $250,000 for one server license, five Studio licenses, and 100 Web
        client licenses.

        I haven't tried it ;-)

         - liz