Re: Cross post - incremental delivery and user priorities

  • Ann Dillon
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 6, 2004
      --- In agile-usability@yahoogroups.com, "Jeff Patton" <jpatton@a...>
      wrote:
      > Identify weight for your user roles/personas/profiles - whatever
      > approach you use to descrbe users. Maybe weight is a better word
      > than priority. Focus on things like frequency of use and business
      > value for the tasks they perform. That may be a more neutral way
      > to establish weight so that folks don't get the inference that "we
      > like those people better than you people."

      Beautiful! These are exactly the kinds of tips I need!

      > Ann: in the question you posted, do those groups share the same
      > UI/Interaction Context? - Or do they have their own separate UI?

      Currently, in one of the legacy applications, the 'viewers' have a
      static HTML view that is completely separate from the 'doer'
      Java/Swing view. When I first saw this, I thought it very odd
      because I was so used to designing screens that encompassed both
      tasks. However, the longer that I'm here, the more I can see the
      sensibility in separating the two tasks.

      Also, it seems to fit nicely into the agile, iterative way of
      thinking - i.e. we can do this screen during iteration X, and that
      screen during iteration X+1. The viewers can still view information
      from the 'doers' screens, the screens just aren't designed optimally
      for them.

      Thanks for the cross-posting as well. This is all starting to come
      together in my head - slowly but surely ;)