Re: incremental design -vs- overall user experience

  • Deb
    Message 1 of 38 , Jul 14, 2004
      --- In agile-usability@yahoogroups.com, "FelcanSmith, Mark"
      <mfelc@a...> wrote:

      > We were working on our task model and a our lead developer stopped
      by, he thought
      > the model was "cool". In fact, he was wondering what type of deliverable
      > we could produce that was going to capture the differences between
      current state
      > admin features, our pilot release features of the product, and what
      was coming out in release one...turns out our task model is the
      deliverable they were asking for.

      I'd love to see a picture of this model... can you upload a picture to
      the files section? If it's sensitive, maybe cross out the text we
      should not see?
    • katharina9267
      Message 38 of 38 , May 30 6:07 AM
        Larry,

        This is without a doubt an issue that I came across in my experience
        as a usability manager.

        Do you suggest that this work should be done in iteration 0 using the
        agile methodology? This seems to be increasingly a recommendation in
        a number of white papers and publications such as Scott Ambler.
        However, when you say 'minimal effort' how does this translate into
        time scales - is there an average that you work with in your
        experience let's say 1-2 weeks?

        I also appreciate, if you could forward the pdfs on the collaborative
        UI review method that you mentioned in a previous message.
        Many thanks,
        Katharina

        --- In agile-usability@yahoogroups.com, "Larry Constantine"
        <lconstantine@...> wrote:

        > Jeff,
        >
        > An effective way around this problem is to draft a navigation
        architecture
        > (screen flow) in advance based on provisional understanding of user
        roles
        > and tasks in the application. This architecture gives a reasonably
        well
        > thought out framework on which to hang the features and functions
        as they
        > arise "organically." The navigation architecture is itself reviewed
        and
        > refactored as needed as the details of the application emerge. This
        approach
        > is what I describe as "architecture-first development" in the new
        Cutter