Re: [agile-usability] Re: are you making efficient designs?

  • Jared M. Spool
    Message 1 of 341 , Feb 4, 2007
      On Feb 4, 2007, at 10:43 AM, Ron Jeffries wrote:

      > > Showing features at a trade show. Showing features to potential
      > > customers. Giving them access to early trial versions.
      >
      > Yes. And the money folks will soon remind us that these things are
      > without value unless they produce sales.

      Unless they produce EVENTUAL sales.

      Or, more accurately, increase the bottom line. (Which can be done
      without increasing sales, but with reducing expenses.)

      If showing features at a trade show or giving users access to early
      trial versions increases the teams knowledge about what works and
      what doesnt, which, in turn, reduces development time going forward,
      then it's a wonderful investment.

      :)

      Jared
    • Alexander Johannesen
      Message 341 of 341 , Feb 23, 2007
        On 2/23/07, Robert Hoekman, Jr. <rhoekmanjr@...> wrote:
        > Without any hard feelings intended, the best thing I could do here is to simply
        > stop engaging in this conversation. I'm sorry if this bothers you, but this list is
        > simply not what I hoped it would be, and I believe I need to explore my
        > interests elsewhere.

        I just got back from another planet, it seems, so pardon me for asking
        dumb questions, but what *did* you expect? I myself do a lot of agile
        UX (note, small 'a'; there is no Agile) and I'm on this list, so I'm
        curious about your "Great Wall of Agile on this list"; what is it?

        Sure, a lot of people have *their* meaning of Agile and their way of
        doing things, and as you say, that's ok. Do you feel some people
        advocate only one way of Agile, perhaps a tad too much? That their
        passion is getting in the way of pragmatism?

        Regards,

        Alex
        Project Wrangler, SOA, Information Alchymist, UX, RESTafarian, Topic Maps