Re: [agile-usability] Re: are you making efficient designs?

  • Jared M. Spool
    Message 1 of 341 , Feb 2, 2007
      On Feb 1, 2007, at 2:15 PM, Anita Salem wrote:

      > Jared's five metrics are a fine portrayal of financial goals, but
      > in my opinion do not go far enough. The majority of the work I do
      > with my clients is uncovering financial and other "value metrics"

      My contention is the other "value metrics" all serve the initial 5.
      Many people patronize Ben & Jerry's or Starbucks (or refuse to
      patronize Wal-Mart) because of their social cause agendas. Yet, it's
      these social cause agendas which are aimed at achieving one or more
      of the 5 metrics. If they focused on the other metrics without
      achieving one of the 5, then the organization would fail.

      Jared
    • Alexander Johannesen
      Message 341 of 341 , Feb 23, 2007
        On 2/23/07, Robert Hoekman, Jr. <rhoekmanjr@...> wrote:
        > Without any hard feelings intended, the best thing I could do here is to simply
        > stop engaging in this conversation. I'm sorry if this bothers you, but this list is
        > simply not what I hoped it would be, and I believe I need to explore my
        > interests elsewhere.

        I just got back from another planet, it seems, so pardon me for asking
        dumb questions, but what *did* you expect? I myself do a lot of agile
        UX (note, small 'a'; there is no Agile) and I'm on this list, so I'm
        curious about your "Great Wall of Agile on this list"; what is it?

        Sure, a lot of people have *their* meaning of Agile and their way of
        doing things, and as you say, that's ok. Do you feel some people
        advocate only one way of Agile, perhaps a tad too much? That their
        passion is getting in the way of pragmatism?

        Regards,

        Alex
        Project Wrangler, SOA, Information Alchymist, UX, RESTafarian, Topic Maps