Re: [agile-usability] Re: are you making efficient designs?

  • Mark Schraad
    Message 1 of 341 , Feb 1, 2007
      >> There are five, including revenue.
      >>
      >> 1) Increased Revenue
      >> 2) Reduced Expenses
      >> 3) Increased Marketshare (new customers)
      >> 4) Increased Business (sales to existing customers)
      >> 5) Increased Shareholder Value
      >>

      >For the purposes of this discussion, I'd fold them differently. I'd call
      >the first four "more money". The last, "potential for more money". It's
      >very important to consider both kinds of value when selecting stories,
      >and I've seen projects founder for leaning too far either way.

      Not so much. Money (I can only assume you mean profit?) is not promised through any of these. They can all lead to more profit, but that is not what this is about. Profit is most often a result of resource allocation, not success.

      Mark
    • Alexander Johannesen
      Message 341 of 341 , Feb 23, 2007
        On 2/23/07, Robert Hoekman, Jr. <rhoekmanjr@...> wrote:
        > Without any hard feelings intended, the best thing I could do here is to simply
        > stop engaging in this conversation. I'm sorry if this bothers you, but this list is
        > simply not what I hoped it would be, and I believe I need to explore my
        > interests elsewhere.

        I just got back from another planet, it seems, so pardon me for asking
        dumb questions, but what *did* you expect? I myself do a lot of agile
        UX (note, small 'a'; there is no Agile) and I'm on this list, so I'm
        curious about your "Great Wall of Agile on this list"; what is it?

        Sure, a lot of people have *their* meaning of Agile and their way of
        doing things, and as you say, that's ok. Do you feel some people
        advocate only one way of Agile, perhaps a tad too much? That their
        passion is getting in the way of pragmatism?

        Regards,

        Alex
        Project Wrangler, SOA, Information Alchymist, UX, RESTafarian, Topic Maps