Re: It's not about UI

    Message 1 of 35 , Aug 3, 2004
      --- In agile-usability@yahoogroups.com, "Jon Kern" <jonkern@c...>
      wrote:
      > why the people paying get to decide what they want done first.
      >
      > then you start haggling...
      >
      > -- jon

      How do they go about deciding?

      The requirements vs. design dilemma kicks in here. I'd argue the act
      of deciding what to do is an act of design. And, that's the part of
      design I see as most critical - the theme hinted at in the exagerated
      subject line of my original post. My assertion is that interaction
      designers bring critical skills to the task of designing what to do.
      Certainly they've got great approaches of identifying the best ways
      of meeting the goals of a target constituency. If I was paying for
      software to be built, I think I'd consult with an interaction
      designer first. From an XP perspective they'd be a critical part of
      the customer team.

    • Ann Dillon
      Message 35 of 35 , Aug 9, 2004
        Heck, I'd lobby for copies for all the UI team in our shop - so bump
        the number up to seven!
        Ann

        > Martha can tell prospective editors she has the
        > numbers. Three, so far!
        >
        > =====
        > Phlip

        http://industrialxp.org/community/bin/view/Main/TestFirstUserInterfac