Re: [agile-usability] Re:are you making efficient designs?

    Message 1 of 341 , Jan 25, 2007
      On 25 Jan 2007, at 13:21, Robert Davis wrote:
      [snip]
      > The dev team is advocating to do metadata and content templates
      > "just in time" in the iterations.
      >
      > It's a major sticking point for us. I'm very interested in the
      > agile method and like a lot of the ways it refocuses attention and
      > effort -- but this seems to me to be a place where there is benefit
      > in working some elements out with a system-wide view rather than
      > just in time.
      [snip]

      What do you think those benefits are, and are there any ways of
      getting those benefits in smaller increments?

      Adrian
    • Alexander Johannesen
      Message 341 of 341 , Feb 23, 2007
        On 2/23/07, Robert Hoekman, Jr. <rhoekmanjr@...> wrote:
        > Without any hard feelings intended, the best thing I could do here is to simply
        > stop engaging in this conversation. I'm sorry if this bothers you, but this list is
        > simply not what I hoped it would be, and I believe I need to explore my
        > interests elsewhere.

        I just got back from another planet, it seems, so pardon me for asking
        dumb questions, but what *did* you expect? I myself do a lot of agile
        UX (note, small 'a'; there is no Agile) and I'm on this list, so I'm
        curious about your "Great Wall of Agile on this list"; what is it?

        Sure, a lot of people have *their* meaning of Agile and their way of
        doing things, and as you say, that's ok. Do you feel some people
        advocate only one way of Agile, perhaps a tad too much? That their
        passion is getting in the way of pragmatism?

        Regards,

        Alex
        Project Wrangler, SOA, Information Alchymist, UX, RESTafarian, Topic Maps