Re:are you making efficient designs?

  • Robert Davis
    Message 1 of 341 , Jan 25, 2007
      This is a related comment/question from a non-tech perspective -- my UEX firm is partnering with a big agile development firm on a consumer-facing web project -- and we're adapting our "waterfall" (everyone loves to cringe when they say that, like we have been lepers and will be cured now) web development method to agile, and vice-versa.

      We've created the UE analogue to the enterprise architecture -- an experience model for how this whole site will work and be organized, prior to beginning iterations, as an expression of the business requirements. (and then broken it down into stories) but now we are strugglign over a couple other things I think we should work out as inputs "all at once" -- metadata architecture for the CMS and some other uses, and the content strategy so we can agree on 3 templates for content presentation (lots of articles and stuff.)

      The dev team is advocating to do metadata and content templates "just in time" in the iterations.

      It's a major sticking point for us. I'm very interested in the agile method and like a lot of the ways it refocuses attention and effort -- but this seems to me to be a place where there is benefit in working some elements out with a system-wide view rather than just in time.

      Thoughts?

      I'm tota

      Looking for earth-friendly autos?
    • Alexander Johannesen
      Message 341 of 341 , Feb 23, 2007
        On 2/23/07, Robert Hoekman, Jr. <rhoekmanjr@...> wrote:
        > Without any hard feelings intended, the best thing I could do here is to simply
        > stop engaging in this conversation. I'm sorry if this bothers you, but this list is
        > simply not what I hoped it would be, and I believe I need to explore my
        > interests elsewhere.

        I just got back from another planet, it seems, so pardon me for asking
        dumb questions, but what *did* you expect? I myself do a lot of agile
        UX (note, small 'a'; there is no Agile) and I'm on this list, so I'm
        curious about your "Great Wall of Agile on this list"; what is it?

        Sure, a lot of people have *their* meaning of Agile and their way of
        doing things, and as you say, that's ok. Do you feel some people
        advocate only one way of Agile, perhaps a tad too much? That their
        passion is getting in the way of pragmatism?

        Regards,

        Alex
        Project Wrangler, SOA, Information Alchymist, UX, RESTafarian, Topic Maps