Re: are you making efficient designs?

  • utahkay
    Message 1 of 341 , Jan 22, 2007
      If it's that repetitive, maybe the code could be generated. Maybe it's
      possible to abstract a higher-level description of what the code does.
      (I'm easily bored so I'm always looking for an alternative to
      refactoring <grin>)

      -Kay

      --- In agile-usability@yahoogroups.com, Jon Kern <jonkern@...> wrote:

      > I just blogged <http://technicaldebt.com/archives/2007_01.html#000589>
      > about an experience that involved a coding approach to a 50+ class
      model...

      > The same approach and questions and solution that i reference apply to
      > many aspects of software development: the clarity of the object model,
      > clarity of code design, and even the clarity of the UI design approach.
      >
      > jon
      > blog: http://technicaldebt.com

    • Alexander Johannesen
      Message 341 of 341 , Feb 23, 2007
        On 2/23/07, Robert Hoekman, Jr. <rhoekmanjr@...> wrote:
        > Without any hard feelings intended, the best thing I could do here is to simply
        > stop engaging in this conversation. I'm sorry if this bothers you, but this list is
        > simply not what I hoped it would be, and I believe I need to explore my
        > interests elsewhere.

        I just got back from another planet, it seems, so pardon me for asking
        dumb questions, but what *did* you expect? I myself do a lot of agile
        UX (note, small 'a'; there is no Agile) and I'm on this list, so I'm
        curious about your "Great Wall of Agile on this list"; what is it?

        Sure, a lot of people have *their* meaning of Agile and their way of
        doing things, and as you say, that's ok. Do you feel some people
        advocate only one way of Agile, perhaps a tad too much? That their
        passion is getting in the way of pragmatism?

        Regards,

        Alex
        Project Wrangler, SOA, Information Alchymist, UX, RESTafarian, Topic Maps