Job Opening: Sr. Visual Designer Mitchell San Diego
COMPANY: Mitchell International Inc.
LOCATION: San Diego, CA
TITLE: Sr. Visual Designer
START DATE: Immediate
The Mitchell User Experience Design Team is seeking a talented Senior Visual Designer with a strong background in designing for online and desktop enterprise software applications. The Sr. Visual Designer will work closely with a multidisciplinary team of user experience specialists following a UCD process, and is accountable for visual design throughout the software lifecycle. The Sr. Visual Designer will be responsible for researching competing products, producing design comps, and creating all visual assets to support the design and implementation of Mitchell's applications. The Sr. Visual Designer's primary function is to ensure our applications are visually compelling, consistent, and meet our users' needs.
FOCUS AND MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Produce design comps for web-based and desktop application user interfaces (UI) that support Mitchell's design goals of increasing end-user effectiveness, efficiency and satisfaction.
- Create and maintain visual assets including iconography, color palettes, font styles, and other graphical elements.
- Contribute to the creation of high-fidelity prototypes for review with Mitchell customers and usability evaluations with end users.
- Maintain visual standards and style guide documentation.
- Validate task requests and formulate timelines for project deliverables.
- Assist in the visual design and production of department documentation.
- BA in Graphic Design or time based media required.
- 3+ years professional visual design experience - specifically focused on UI design for web sites (intra, extra, public), custom desktop or multimedia applications is required.
- Demonstrated experience presenting software functionality, interaction, site architecture, data flow and navigation schemes is required.
- Information Architecture, Usability, and / or UCD experience with a solid understanding of Internet, desktop, and multimedia technologies is highly desirable.
To apply online: http://www.mitchell.com/mitch/careercenter/jobs.asp?JobID=825
Or contact Beau Sullivan: beau.sullivan@...
Mitchell provides technical information, productivity tools and services to the automotive repair and property and casualty industries. Mitchell offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including outstanding career growth opportunities.