Re: [agile-usability] Where can I shop for usability experts?

  • SusRobson@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 4, 2006
      Hi Alan,

      It's possible you might find some people here:

      I see some people from Brazil so you may have luck if someone from Costa Rica participated.

      I'm part of the Usability Professionals' Association so you may even try our International web site.

      Best of luck. If those don't help you out, let me know.

      Susie

      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 4, 2006
        Alan,

        A good place to look for usability support is on the UPA's Consultant Directory, http://www.upassoc.org/people_pages/consultants_directory/index.html.

        One thing to be careful of. Usability is not graphic design. Although some graphic designers are quite competent with regard to usability, many are not. Also, there are many good usability people who are not good at graphic design. Also, a few good usability people are good computer scientists but not all are and many computer scientists are not proficient in usability engineering.

        Is the product being developed with English or Spanish as the base language? If the latter, you would probably want a consultant who is fluent in Spanish.

        Cheers,
        jon

        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 4, 2006
          You could post a call to the Discuss list hosted by
          the Interaction Design Association. See www.ixda.org.

          You could also post a call to the CHI-JOBS list.

          Finally, SIG-IA has an active mailing list, and you
          could do worse than posting there.

          The alphabet soup of names and acronyms in this field
          is quite remarkable. One place to start sorting them
          out is at http://www.uxnet.org/organizations.php. The
          User Experience Network is dedicated to bringing
          together people who do "user experience" work,
          regardless of the acronym by which they identify.

          Good luck!

          JS