Re: Training on Usability/UxD

  • john.kruse43
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 25, 2006
      I have always found Jared Spool to be interesting and insightful.
      The company is called User Interface Engineering www.uie.com
      They offer seminars, more than a full training package.

      Another good company is Human Factors International, which has a
      very systematic approach. You can even get a usability analyst
      certification. www.humanfactors.com

      John Kruse

      --- In agile-usability@yahoogroups.com, "Gerard Meszaros"
      <yahoo@...> wrote:

      > A small client is looking for some training in how to make web-
      based
      > applications more intuitive and effective. They are looking for
      > opinions on what would constitute the most effective training in
      UxD
      > for agile software developers or product managers/owners. The
      training
      > we've found so far includes:
      >
      > http://www.nngroup.com/events/tutorials/interaction.html
      >
      > http://www.cooper.com/content/cooperu/classes.asp
      >
      > What are the relative merits for people who understand iterative
      > development and early delivery of value. Are there any others that
      are
      > worth considering?
      >
      > Thanks,
      >
      > Gerard

    • Jared M. Spool
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 28, 2006
        On Nov 25, 2006, at 10:37 AM, john.kruse43 wrote:

        > I have always found Jared Spool to be interesting and insightful.
        > The company is called User Interface Engineering www.uie.com
        > They offer seminars, more than a full training package.

        Thanks for the endorsement! That was very kind.

        Gerard or anyone interested in talking about training: Please feel
        free to pop me a note or call.

        Jared

        Jared M. Spool
        User Interface Engineering
        510 Turnpike St., Suite 102, North Andover, MA 01845
        e: jspool@... p: +1 978 327 5561
        http://uie.com Blog: http://uie.com/brainsparks